You’ve undoubtedly read about safety in South Africa. Yes, there is crime, however if your clients take normal sensible precautions, the risk is not substantially higher than in other parts of the world.
When they are travelling in an unknown country, they should always watch their steps a little bit more than they do at home. If they don’t do things that they shouldn’t do back home, they will have an amazing time. There are a few things to keep in mind;
- Don’t walk alone at night, always take a taxi (that’s what the locals do)
- Never take too much cash with you
- Don’t wear jewellery that is too obvious
- Keep your valuable stuff in the hotel room
- And listen to local advice