|Job Title:||Reservation Consultant|
|This Position Reports to:||Head of Reservations|
Brief Description of the Job
We are looking for a motivated and experienced travel reservations consultant to handle inbound booking enquiries for Southern Africa.
We are looking for a savvy reservations consultant who has experience working in Tour Plan and at least 3 years experience in putting together holidays in Southern Africa. The ability to speak Portuguese, Dutch, Polish and French an advantage.
- Telephonic consultation with an international clientele, interested in booking tailor-made safaris and package tours.
- Providing general and specific advice about different travel destinations.
- Drawing up of attractive travel itineraries that meet the client’s budget and expectations.
- Making suitable arrangements with lodges, hotels, tour operators, car rental, transfer companies, etc
- Advising the client about travel issues including required documentation and financial matters such as appropriate exchange rates.
- Collecting and dealing with client payments.
- Approving supplier invoices for payments.
- Performing general administration tasks.
- Dealing with and documenting complaints in an efficient and diplomatic manner.
- Making alternative arrangements for clients who have had their trips interrupted by unforeseen issues.
What you’ll (need to) bring:
- Expert knowledge of the Southern Africa holiday destinations
- Well traveled in Southern Africa
- Extensive experience in dealing with high profile clients
- Excellent supplier relationships
- Positive, enthusiastic and friendly attitude
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Ability to cope well under pressure
- Excellent sales skills, both over the telephone and via email
- Excellent telephone skills
- Good computer literacy
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Competent grasp of geography